me, myself, and i

me, myself, and i

Monday, April 1, 2013

Let your heart lead the way.... Always.

I was 22 years old when I was presented with a business plan that would change any young persons life. I saw my dreams morph into this reality or so I thought of a new life with more opportunities. If you have never opened/launched a business from scratch, It is absolutely one of the hardest things to do. From the planning to opening day it is an absolute cluster fuck. Sure you can start out with a plan and how you will follow through, but guaranteed a few weeks in, that plan changes constantly from day to day, hour to hour. As I was going into this new business life, I could hear and feel my heart strings ripping from my reality. What was promised and what reality was were two very different things. I am a strong believer to never quit and give up, however over a year and a half off working my ass off, trying to please everyone, and managing a business that I had no experience in. I had stopped believing in myself and inevitably quit on myself. I came to a breaking point where it was going to be make the business successful no matter what it took of my mind, body and soul, or making myself happy and healthy. I had given everything to this business and I found I could not of given an ounce more of myself to it. It was a crisp day in October of 2012 that I finally listened to my heart instead of my head. I let my heart lead myself up the stairs to resign my position. I let my heart pour out onto the desk of my boss. I felt as though my heart came out of my chest as I was telling my boss I was done and had enough. I had never, and I mean ever, let my heart do the talking. I had always been one to tell people what they wanted to hear, instead of letting them know what they needed to know and how I felt. Since that day in October I have let my heart lead the way. I know now that there has to be a combination of heart and head into everything that I do. However I am letting my heart lead the way and letting my head piece it all together. I have decided to never let myself talk my heart out of situations that matter the most to the heart. I am letting my heart lead a path and a way as I have never done this before, but its time for a new leader in my life. No matter the outcome I know if I follow my heart my mind, body, and soul will follow with happiness. From now on my heart is the leader, and I am the follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment